Tinos

Tinos, the second island I visited while in Greece. My great aunt lives on this island which was the reason for the visit.

Tinos is not a very popular tourist destination and I think that's what made my time there that much better. I stayed ten days in the lovely home of my Great aunt's, located between two traditional Greek tavernas and the beach! I could have sat in the hammock in the yard and stared at the ocean while munching on grapes the entire ten days, but Tinos has so much more to offer!

Firstly a drive into the mountains is a must, not only is the view incredible but the little hilltop towns are just so adorable to walk through! So rich in culture and history it was just fascinating. Secondly the beaches! They are so diverse. Some swarming with fish and completely calm, others with two metre waves and and amazing sand dunes. And thirdly the lovely Tinos town! There thousands of tavernas to choose from, a lovely street market and the famous Holy Maria church, which is incredible (unfortunately there are no photos so you'll have to take my word for it).

Here some photos :) 




                                          My great Aunt's beautiful home












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Follow on Bloglovin

About

Follow on Bloglovin